Friday, June 02, 2006

I want to drop on my knees ....


...to worship and praise these drawings. They're pure genius, Nicolas is a true master !



Can't tell you how much I pity, that most of their appeal gets lost in CG. What a shame, I want to see these DRAWINGS move. I know what the texture of this little fellow feels like, I can feel his shell, his skin,his weight, his character, his thoughts, I even hear his voice ( His true voice, not that of a celebrity) - IN THE DRAWING! MUCH MORE THAN IN THE CG-VERSION !!!!! Strange Phenomenon, but thats the way it is ....Give me Asterix, give me Bambi 2, don't mind the story, just show me more of the ARTISTRY of the moving DRAWING...at least once in a while !

4 comments:

Piotr said...

Lasseter is pushing for another 2d, here's hoping!

Cedricstudio said...

I totally agree! Do you know who the artist was for these sketches?

HaraldSiepermann said...

nicolas marlet, french guy, totally underrated, i think...

Skid Knee said...

I agree with you on this. Maybe if we cross our fingers and toes they'll eventually get it.
Or maybe we'll just have to bug every person in CG that we ever meet.